Sadhus of India are these really interesting group of vagrants who worship Shiva, practice yoga, and are free from all the material and sexual attachments of the world. "We don't live in the world, we live out of the world".
They go on a ganja binge for one whole day on the festival celebrating their god, Shiva, in hopes of getting closer to Shiva's presence, and on which, when they get really, really high, all the lust, envy and anger that they feel fade away.
Inspired by a NatGeo docu on drugs, what else :)
When I drew this, I started out with the Bamboo stylus on the iPad app ProCreate. But a good thing to note is after around 30 minutes of sketching, when I felt a little strain on my hand, I can easily shift to using my fingers to continue. And then back to the stylus again, and then back to the fingers again. It's nice since you're actually using different muscle groups for each technique, so you can easily take the stress off your hand when you feel like it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.